Technical Lead- large organization growing and innovating
- Join and lead a cross-functional team 6 month contract initially The Role:
This is an exciting contract opportunity to lead a cross-functional team and drive the implementation of an innovative and high-quality strategy and roadmap. This company is developing and building the strategy roadmap and a number of applications to define how the New Zealand transport infrastructure will look like in the future, and they are very keen to get onboard the best of the best.
- Provide technical guidance to software and mobile developers, mainly on Java-based code.
- Establish and guarantee secure cloud environment up to audit standards' satisfaction
- Work closely with Head of Software Engineering and Development Leads
- Manage and monitor the efficiency of cloud resources use
- Manage CI/CD best practices and templates
- Outline the testing strategy for assurance of a quality of medium to large scale software solutions
- Select and outline the deployment strategy for QA and Automated deployment teams
- Establish and assure adequate test coverage and automation continuous inspection
- Establish adequate procedures for manual testing and UAT
- Provide technical leadership for QA teams and DevOps Site Reliability Engineers
- 10+ years' experience in software development
- 5+ years' experience in technical leadership roles
- Solid agile and waterfall delivery background
- Hands-on experience in building testing and deployment automation tools and frameworks
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Chef, Ansible) and experience in pipeline development
This is an immediate need for a contractor, but my client will wait a little longer for the right person.
Ideally you will be available immediately and the daily rate for this role is flexible according to your level of experience and suitability. You must have valid working rights for full time employment in NZ.
Job reference: JO-1902-49837