Systems Administrator- Work for a leader in the financial services space
- 3 Months initially
- Exciting, innovative and young environment
This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to work with a well-known organization, which is the major player in its market sector. Due to the structure of the business, this IT team provides a core function of a large number of applications, systems and security functions, keeping the range and scope of work interesting and varied.
You will be working with the IT Operations team, a group of young but mature professionals, which constantly empower themselves and the management style reflects this. It's a cliché to say but cohesive and collaborative are the best words to describe the environment that awaits. Your team is fun, has a good laugh, and maintains a low-stress atmosphere. At times the pace is fast but everyone chips in to get the job done.
Take ownership of mission-critical servers in a Level 2/Level 3 BAU support role. To be successful you will need:
- At least 3-5 years' experience supporting server or network environments.
- Intermediate level knowledge in managing or configuring networks i.e. firewalls, wireless networks, switching, routeing.
- Intermediate level knowledge in managing or configuring IT Security systems i.e. IDS/IPS, Web filtering systems, Anti-virus, monitoring tools such as Splunk, SCOM.
- Previous knowledge and/or experience of the Microsoft Azure public cloud, preferably in the networking space.
- Good knowledge of database technologies, SQL Server preferred.
- Knowledge of basic networking protocols i.e. DNS (internet protocols), DHCP, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN required.
- Ability to think and work logically and autonomously.
- Outstanding written and verbal English language skills.
If this sounds like you, please APPLY NOW. You must have the right to live and work in NZ and be available for interview in person at short notice.
Job reference: JO-1704-46679