SRE - Kubernetes - BlockchainWhy you would like it:
- One of the largest environments in the country
- Deliver the next generation of Dapps
- New technology focus
Create the foundation for Dapp eco-system with a global reach. We are seeking an engineer familiar with the DevOps philosophy and necessary technical background to better deploy and support applications with a limited human touch. Coming from a development background, you should be able to build and deploy software, analyze logs and telemetry data for issues adhere to software development standard methodologies in writing automation code. You will get to play a pivotal role in the direction of the underlying infrastructure that these applications will be created on.
Bringing together the brightest minds locally and internationally in the blockchain space they have created something that the whole world wants to be a part of from right here in New Zealand. They have grown have followed the rise and fall of the cryptocurrency markets and have come out the other side more resilient and with lessons learnt. They have a global reach, with offices in London and Singapore they are positioned to lead the decentralised revolution. They are establishing themselves as an industry leader and have bold plans to make that happen.
You will ask as an internal consultant, helping to upskill teams to support their own environments and adhere to best practices so you can focus on adding to a robust platform. The role requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands-on, technical work. You will be well versed in today's relevant technologies toward delivering highly available, scalable solutions in a zero-downtime model. You will configure, tune, and solve problems in multi-tiered systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability. You will establish infrastructure using automation and provide hands-on support for the development of Infrastructure-As-Code.
- 5+ years experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture. Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience building and releasing Infrastructure-As-Code in a controlled environment with an understanding of full-lifecycle configuration management
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (particularly AWS) a plus
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP and load balancing
- Expertise in writing, debugging and optimizing code, and automating routine tasks
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Icinga and Splunk is highly preferred
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, Cassandra, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or CouchDB
- Understanding of cryptography is a plus
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top-class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can.
Job reference: JO-1908-50626