Software Development Manager - .NetComplex and rewarding work environment
Handy North Shore location
C# .Net, AngularJS, HTML/CSS
Market leading SaaS provider
Lead an innovative and passionate product team Software Development Manager - .Net
Why you'd like it:
- Lead an advanced engineering team, the complex challenges they face, the features they own, and the process they use.
- Handy North Shore location
- C#/.NET, SQL Server, HTML5/CSS/Bootstrap/ReactJS, AWS SaaS based product
- Market leading SaaS provider
- Lead an innovative and passionate product team
- Handling the IoT scale of 500K devices globally
An innovative and sophisticated international SaaS provider delivering real-time, multi-platform GIS workforce and fleet apps that allow organisations to track masses of critical data in the moment, with control. Oh and delivering to around 40,000 customers. With over 20 years' experience delivering solutions for global leading organisations across multiple industries, this business is leading the charge in an industry that is advancing at break-neck speed.
Building tight-knit teams on a foundation of autonomy and creativity has been a significant driver in achieving success for this organisation. The environment, is casual, relaxed and, yet laser focused on measureable results. With a culture of challenging status quo, continuous improvement, and achieving engineering excellence, who wouldn't want to be a part of a team like that?
Working as part of the Auckland-based product team, this hands-on leadership role will see you deliver new featured-driven development across this very young product suite. The products you will preside over are real-time telematics tracking software that have global mass usage. The Agile release cycle is currently every two months (with appetite for introducing CI/CD practices).
Your goal will be to help advance R&D's vision towards a world class engineering team by managing 6 of their most talented engineers; ensuring their on-going development, mentoring, and coaching in order to maximize their full potential. You can make a difference by helping the team, the product, and the business evolve through innovation. They utilise the skills and help from a global team of 50 developers. Being a Microsoft environment, the team uses C# .Net, AngularJS 5 (TypeScript), HTML and CSS, all delivered in Agile Scrum.
As a regional software development manager, you will work very closely across a global R&D organization, architects and application teams. Moreover, you will be the guide and go-to-person for personnel and technical matters. Moreover, you will be the guide and go-to-person for personnel and technical matters. Individual development, managing large and complex initiatives, and leadership growth will be key elements to your success within this role.
What ne need to see in your background
- More than 10 years' experience in the .Net software development domain, and at least 5 years of .Net management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a great attitude - you're able to think on your feet, motivate, mentor, and inspire the team
- Strong proficiency with web related protocols and architectures (MVC, MVVM, REST, SOAP, JSON, HTTP, etc...).
- Demonstrable Agile/Scrum delivery experience and capability
- Proven ability supporting a large-scale SaaS environment
- Excellent project management skills, managing large and complex projects.
Experience with SaaS based applications, preferably at extremely large scale.
Strong communications skills.
- A good sense of humour!
In return for your hard work and dedication, our client offers a generous salary, healthcare insurance, a relaxed and friendly environment, and international career development opportunities.
Please note you must possess the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role. If this sounds like you, please apply now for a prompt response.
Job reference: JO-1810-48484