Senior Quality Assistant - TestWhy you would like it:
- ‘We can do better' attitude
- Modern development stack & practices
- A genuine “Tier 1” development environment
With the next phase of this companies growth focusing on markets beyond APAC, this organisation is needing to double down on its Testing practice by moving testing to the left and utilizing a modern toolset to make testing flow through all steps in the development process. You will be part of a newly established cross-functional team, constantly improving testing practices to be able to push daily without worry. The platform is looking forward to having millions of users and hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue flow through it, to do this the team has adopted modern development practices (TDD, CI/CD, "Build & Run'), you will be joining an organisation that is genuinely wanting to introduce people who are keen to learn and help find innovative ways to build well designed & crafted software solutions.
Having been in the market for over 10 years, this product development shop has helped a number of businesses in the hospitality industry optimise customer experience through well built SaaS products. With customers across APAC, there is growing demand to take the product suite further afield. With an ambitious goal to become the number one technology employer of choice in the next 12 months, there is a need to introduce highly capable and engaging technology resources into the business quickly.
- Collaborate with cross-functional product engineering teams to create quality software that customers love
- Ensure that the engineering team implement automated checks at different levels by kick-offs and pairing up with them (such as unit tests, integration and component tests to facilitate continuous delivery)
- Work with the team to identify and implement improvements in our processes, practices and product
- Work in a "build it and run it' environment where engineering teams build, deploy, monitor and support their components that they own
- Lead the adoption of modern QA practices using exploratory testing and a context-driven approach to testing, while pairing with the engineer. Using interim techniques such as Blitz Testing, Dogfooding, Developer on Test, QA Kick-offs, Fire Drills and Show Me's
- You are experienced with a variety of testing such as functional, non-functional, system, interoperability, regression, negative, automated, GUI, browser, API and database
- You are interested in learning and adopting quality assistance practices to move quality to the left i.e. test early approach, automation and continuous delivery
- You will have operated in a cloud (Azure) environment and fully understand DevOps principles
- TDD and CI are second nature to you, as is working in an agile environment whereby you build & run something well once.
- Be comfortable working in a communicative and engaging workplace
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top-class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can.
Job reference: JO-1911-50970