Senior Network Engineer- New RevolutionWhy you would like it:
- Highly innovative and disruptive organisation growing rapidly
- A flexible and fun work environment
- Fully functioning bar and BBQ area The opportunity:
Change is in the air, here we are taking the tried and tested and infusing inspired ingenuity to get things running like clockwork. A drive to automate with devilishly clever engineering in all they do has put them into a world of their own. Already delivering a world-class, self-service data and voice providing system they have the luxury to innovate at an unmatched pace. You will be joining at a pivotal time in the business' history, you will be looked to for insight around new technology choices, how to tackle technical challenges and most importantly, make decisions that will set the business up for future international success.
Rebelling against the norm they have built an inspired, professional and reliable (but never boring) culture, engineering an environment with real character. With a philosophy in complying not conforming to the industry, they have a unique recipe for success. They are one of the big four networking infrastructure providers in New Zealand, primarily working B2B they have flown under the radar. In a newly retrofitted office, taking the best of was(a fully working bar) and giving an industrial overhaul to create a wicked place to work at and hang out. Poised now with new leadership they look to craft new tools and products, to disrupt and build a new future.
With a tinkerer's mindset, you will investigate the current environment to understand what can be created or re-engineered. Understanding that no solution is perfect and not being afraid to tinker is what had created success here and you will be no different. You will be given the autonomy to deep dive into solutions and bring your own creations to life.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Install, Build & Maintain our Core IP Network
- Network Documentation
- Provide L2/L3 support and troubleshooting with the support team
- Be part of an on-call roster as required
- Onsite datacenter work
The fit (of the ideal candidate):
- 6+ years of commercial experience
- Juniper Routing & Switching (MX, EX, ACX & QFX platforms)
- Nokia / Alcatel-Lucent BNG Platform (7750-SR)
- Nokia / Alcatel-Lucent SAS Switching platform (7210 SAS)
- Firewall experience (Fortigate, Juniper SRX)
- MPLS / VPLS / eVPN
- E-LAN & E-Line services
- Strong Linux & scripting/automation skills advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to be part of a team that thinks outside of the box, while being able to look at the bigger picture
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can
Job reference: JO-1804-47558