Senior Java DeveloperWhy you would like it:
- Track global fleets of aircraft in real-time
- Join an expanding team with growth opportunities
- Modern Agile development environment The opportunity:
Having tracked nearly three-quarters of a million flight hours, this team has become an industry leader in private fleet tracking solutions. By providing real-time analytics of fleets the world over they are leveraging that data to provide actionable insights to their customers which reduce costs and save lives. This kiwi team looks to spread its wings and rapidly drive product development to take advantage of the IoT world we now live it. You will be joining at a critical time for the business as they look to expand out their offering and capitalise on the well-respected brand they have built.
Starting over a pot of instant coffee in 2005, a few creative minds got together to figure out how to affordably and reliability track small to medium-sized aircraft. With sound engineering principles and a good sense of humor the first product was delivered to market in 2007, it was a big hit and the natural decision was to bring this to the world. Fast-forward to today, being sold in 99 countries the dream is coming true. Hitting a critical mass of customers, coupled with decreasing costs in satellite data they look to double down on their development capabilities to capitalise on the data-centric world. Bringing unparalleled levels of real-time in-flight analytics to reduce the cost of operating a private fleet of aircraft and increase safety is now their mission.
Each day you will collaborate with the development team to define, design, build and ship new features for their applications and API. Key focuses will be to ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of their systems. Code quality is paramount for the team, with a 99.99% uptime a requirement for the team. Not wanting to be stuck with old technology, you will identify, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency. Finally, you will provide technical leadership in your area of expertise, and help team members develop their technical knowledge and skills.
The fit (of the ideal candidate):
- Solid work experience on Java (Spring, Hibernate) and with RESTful APIs
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Understanding of the entire development process, including design, development, and deployment
- Solid knowledge of best development practices, including security
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Proficient use of code versioning tools (Git)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top-class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can.
Job reference: JO-1910-50848