Senior Full-stack Engineer / Architect-Emerging tech environment AWS cloud/SaaS Apps
-Havelock North location with Flexibility!
-Huge technical autonomy and ownership Senior Developer /Architect (Havelock North)
Why you'd like it:
- Collaborative team; you are the champion of Architecture and AWS
- Hands-on Development and Architecture Design
- Start-up yet familial culture
- Flexible work environment
- Work with new and emerging software & cloud & DevOps technologies
The Organisation and Opportunity
We have partnered up with a break-through SaaS business, who are stationed out of Havelock North. This 20-strong team of business and technology-focused professionals have a huge pipeline of work from government bodies, 'not-for-profits', and various membership-based businesses. They are dramatically contributing to the way organisations improve business performance and engagement, through data analytics and reporting. Their brand is distinctive and heralded for having a fresh approach to market penetration, so much so that next year will mark their launch into the international market - Australasia and beyond. In 2018/19 they will also focus on designing version 2 of software platform and architecture, and this is where you come in.
Based in the Havelock North office, your main focus will be to lead the design, planning and managing of the migration of an application from monolithic architecture to a modern, SOA type architecture (currently written in Ruby on Rails, and hosted in AWS). You will contribute to this, by writing new code that is both scalable and secure. You'll also design the architecture that this sits on. In time, you'll most likely grow the team yourself, selecting the right team players and leading them on the journey!
- Develop and maintain the existing AWS environment.
- Define and build a 'clean-sheet' solution architecture with scalability, performance, and security top of mind.
- Take ownership for security best-practice and compliance; discussing security matters with client security teams.
- Research and investigate leading-edge technology (e.g. NLP, AI) and how we can utilise these in our application.
- You are smart, with deep intellectual knowledge of the bigger picture in terms of software and cloud architecture. This stuff truly motivates you to keep on top of technical trends - but you also have deep knowledge in the tools of choice.
- You are a Senior Developer who enjoys Architecture and wants to build, develop and determine the DevOps processes.
- You have designed, monitored and managed scalable and fault-tolerant deployments and supported them in real-world scenarios (AWS).
- Familiarity with DevOps philosophy, practices, and tools, with exposure to CI/CD tools and practices.
- Have strong development skills in at least one of Node.js, C#, Java, Ruby, Python
- Ideally you have had exposure to data security.
With a growing customer base and massive upcoming projects, there is all the opportunity to see your role and career grow within this organisation. You will have great responsibility and great technical autonomy. If this sounds like your kind of challenge then apply without delay. Or for a confidential conversation contact [email protected] / 09 550 8557.
Job reference: JO-1806-47737