Product Manager- Be an integral part of a new generation of products
- Make your mark in the industrial sector with market leading software solutions
- Essentially get paid to enhance the productivity of big boy's toys! Company
As a major influencer in the world of heavy machinery and tools, this organisation has continued to deliver effective and innovative solutions to their loyal customer base. Continually adapting and tweaking existing product and developing new solutions has meant their influence on their industrial sector has been monumental in the areas of data management, delivery management and process management.
With two new products in the pipeline, coupled with the continued development of existing solutions, this organisation is seeking to continue growth internationally and setting their sights on new revenue streams. To achieve this goal, there is a need for a Senior Product Owner to take ownership of the software aspect of the product line, with an ear to the hardware and machinery side as well. With the ambitious goal of developing a whole new platform based solution, there will be plenty of scope as the product specialist to make your mark
- Championing core Agile development practices will be a key aspect of this role as you will essentially be the cog that will keep things running efficiently within the engineering team (a Scrum certification would also be beneficial in this regard)
- Acting as the Product Owner you will be the 'voice of the customer' and must understand what features are needed in the product, articulate that core product vision to the team (in a delicate but deliberate manner), and guide the team to deliver maximum business value throughout the development process
- You will have (or develop) a passion for the industry and in turn build a deep knowledge of customers, business work processes, use cases and pain points through close interaction with key customers and channel partners.
- Using the wealth of knowledge that will come from immersing yourself in the team, you will create and amend user stories and will provide business context and benefits to key items. Prioritisation skills will also come in handy here!
- Essentially you will be responsible for the overall product development as well as market delivery. This would also include marketing and technical content creation, product lifecycle management and product releases
- A proven background in Product Ownership with a view to step up into a fully blown Product Management role in the very near future. You will have a clear roadmap into product management laid out for you!
- A passion for electronics, industrial machinery and smart 'blue collar' solutions; if you have worked on software product that integrates with complex hardware, that would be ideal!
- Be an agile champion (ideally Scrum certified) and have proven experience in driving successful development teams to impeccable product delivery
- Be passive, yet compelling in dealing with stakeholders within the business as well external parties
- An understanding of MVP in a product focused environment would also be beneficial as continuous delivery will be important to a number of customers.
Job reference: JO-1807-48138