Network / Systems Engineer- International software company that gives you the opportunity to see the world
- Cross functional role, technical and customer centered within an Agile environment Network/Systems Engineer | Linton| Permanent Opportunity
Our client is an International software company who delivers solutions to customers across the world within a range of different industries. In New Zealand, they have partnered with a Government organisation to provide a structured and scalable product that assists with critical decision making when there is no room for error. The solution is an all-encompassing; radio, mobile, vehicle, web and application-based product with all this data reporting back to command HQ in real time.
Our client is looking for a Network/Systems Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis to design and develop operational solutions (analysis, design, build, deliver), e.g. project specific deliveries or as part of company deliveries. This is a cross functional role that provides the opportunity to lead a training team as a Scrum Master, working according to the Agile principle's setup in the environment. Other core responsibilities include:
- Deliver technical support like installation, configuration and troubleshooting both at company sites, customer sites and during exercises.
- Keep up to date with status on company products for the defence market and support alignment of customer expectations and product roadmap.
- Support and provide product training to customer and other stakeholders (both domestic and international)
- Support Business Development participate in proposal writing and continuously develop the New Zealand and other nearby markets, e.g. Australia.
- Expect tasks to span from tactical level to hands on work at customer sites and during military exercises.
- Work together with Account Managers in sales activities to deliver technical support, material, etc. for workshops and sales meetings. Provide solution descriptions for proposals. (both domestic and international)
- Project key areas: C4I systems, tactical radios, communication services, ITIL, 3rd party IS, back-end support systems, hardware.
- Provide technical support (phone, mail and on-site) for company customers.
- Support solution engineer tasks in general for the company, e.g. support delivery activities for other customers (domestic and international)
What we will be looking for:
- New Zealand Defence Forces or Army background is preferable. Educated to a degree level or equivalent is essential.
- Experience with communication bearers (Radios, SatCom, WAN, LAN, WIFI) and their specific challenges (Differences between TDMA and FDMA and how it is used, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure and Platforms for example; Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, Database Management Systems, Exchange, Lync & XMPP Chat.
- Experience with hardware (infrastructure components such as servers, SAN, NAS, etc as well as devices such as tablets, phones, laptops, detachable, etc.
- An energetic, engaging and extroverted personality.
- Citizen of 5-Eye country (NZ, AUS, USA, Canada or England (this is mandatory to attain secret level security clearance)
If you're interested, please apply today to be considered for this exciting opportunity. Alternatively you can email [email protected] quoting job reference # JO-1907-50515.
Job reference: JO-1907-50515