Network / Systems EngineerDesign and develop operational Defense solutions to help protect New Zealanders Network/Systems Engineer | Wellington | Permanent Opportunity
Our client is an International software company who delivers solutions to customers across the world within a range of different industries. In New Zealand, they have partnered with a Government organisation to provide a structured and scalable product that assists with critical decision making when there is no room for error. The solution is an all-encompassing; radio, mobile, vehicle, web and application-based product with all this data reporting back to command HQ in real time.
Our client is looking for a Network/Systems Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis to design and develop operational solutions (analysis, design, build, deliver), e.g. project specific deliveries or as part of company deliveries. Other core responsibilities include:
- Deliver technical support like installation, configuration and troubleshooting both at company sites, customer sites and during exercises.
- Keep up to date with status on company products for the defence market and support alignment of customer expectations and product roadmap.
- Support and provide product training to customer and other stakeholders (both domestic and international)
- Support Business Development participate in proposal writing and continuously develop the New Zealand and other nearby markets, e.g. Australia.
- Expect tasks to span from tactical level to hands on work at customer sites and during military exercises.
- Work together with Account Managers in sales activities to deliver technical support, material, etc. for workshops and sales meetings. Provide solution descriptions for proposals. (both domestic and international)
- Project key areas: C4I systems, tactical radios, communication services, ITIL, 3rd party IS, back-end support systems, hardware.
- Provide technical support (phone, mail and on-site) for company customers.
- Support solution engineer tasks in general for the company, e.g. support delivery activities for other customers (domestic and international)
What we will be looking for:
- New Zealand Defence Forces or Army background is preferable. Educated to a degree level or equivalent is essential.
- Experience with communication bearers (Radios, SatCom, WAN, LAN, WIFI) and their specific challenges (Differences between TDMA and FDMA and how it is used, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure and Platforms for example; Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, Database Management Systems, Exchange, Lync & XMPP Chat.
- Experience with hardware (infrastructure components such as servers, SAN, NAS, etc as well as devices such as tablets, phones, laptops, detachable, etc.
- An energetic, engaging and extroverted personality.
- Citizen of 5-Eye country (NZ, AUS, USA, Canada or England (this is mandatory to attain secret level security clearance)
If this sounds like you, please apply now for a prompt response. Alternatively you can email [email protected] using job reference #JO-1905-50335. You must have the right to live and work in NZ and be available for an interview in person at short notice.
Job reference: JO-1905-50335