Ministerial Advisor-Be part of a dynamic and responsive team
-Utilise your quality communication skills and Official Information Act knowledge
-Contract and permanent options
- Be part of a dynamic and responsive team
- Utilise your quality communication skills and Official Information Act knowledge
- Contract and permanent options
Company and culture:
Join a company that has a culturally responsive workplace and is passionate about turning people's lives around and helping make New Zealand a better place to be.
This Ministerial Advisor must be highly organised, detail-oriented, and comfortable working with diverse teams. Excellent time management, communication skills and OIA knowledge and experience are key, as collaboration to provide relevant content to Ministers is a large component of the role.
Here is what expected:
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to work under high pressure situations.
- Develop and coordinate responses to Official Information Act requests, Parliamentary Questions and Select Committees.
- Readiness to be challenged by fast paced working enjoinment, problem solving and being in an environment that is solution focus and action orientated.
- 2 years of experience as a Ministerial Advisor.
- An understanding of the Official Information Act, Privacy Act and Public Records Act.
- Experience crafting briefings to Ministers and drafting responses to Ministerial correspondence.
- Sound political insight and an understanding of Machinery of Government and relevant legislation.
- Strong relationship building skills across both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced changing environment.
If this sounds like you then please apply now for a prompt response. You must have the right to live and work in NZ and be available for an interview in person at short notice.
Job reference: JO-1806-47767