Lead Test Analyst•International IT software vendor with presence in over 40 countries.
•Hands on test execution, with growth opportunities into Test Management
•Become a Subject Matter Expert and train key project personnel.
Lead Test Engineer | Wellington | Permanent Opportunity
Our client is an International software company who delivers solutions to customers across the world within a range of different industries. In New Zealand, they have partnered with a Government organisation to provide a structured and scalable product that assists with critical decision making when there is no room for error. The solution is an all-encompassing; radio, mobile, vehicle, web and application-based product with all this data reporting back to command HQ in real time.
As a tester, your first task will involve being on site with the customer, working in a close partnership with a very effective team of Developers, two Product Owners, a UX'er and a Project Manager. You will be passionate about creating a relevant role for yourself in the customers' organization and will help to establish strong, close relationships. The work is varied, and you will plan, implement, coordinate and execute tests on newly-developed systems, as well as analyse and test existing systems when changes have been made. You will be at the forefront of highlighting the value of improving quality and of considering quality throughout the development process. As a person, you are therefore keen to constantly raise the issue of quality.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the quality of the solution reaches a satisfactory level, including prioritising the most important deliveries
- Assisting with test competencies throughout the development process and participating in risk assessments
- Preparing and implementing the test strategy in projects
- Selecting and planning what test activities and test tools are relevant
- Planning and carrying out systems tests and prioritising tasks during the test phases, along with the project management, product owner and developers
- Preparing and disseminating information on quality and approvals, for example before and after releases
- Following up on test plans and the progress of test preparation, as well as implementation and associated reporting
What we will be looking for:
- New Zealand Defence Forces background is preferable. Educated to a degree level or equivalent is essential.
- You must hold citizenship in one of the countries within the Five Eyes (NZ, Australia, UK, USA or Canada)
- Experience of software testing, using test tools and technologies
- TMAP certification and/or ISTQB or ISEB certification
- Knowledge of SQL, .Net, web services and Android applications
- Knowledge of agile development principles and SCRUM, as well as tools such as Jira
- Experience of documentation, communication and stakeholder management
In addition to the above, you will have good communication skills for all levels of the organisation and a practical approach to your duties. You are good at creating an overview of tasks and prioritizing various activities. You can plan and implement test projects independently. You have a positive attitude and are committed, flexible and diplomatic.
If this sounds like you, please apply now or alternatively email jack @potentia.co.nz using job reference #JO-1907-50545
Job reference: JO-1907-50545