Junior PHP Developer-Autonomy with great support from best-in-the-industry experts
-Generous salary package
-Agile project environment
-Reputable national brand based in casual Parnell location
-Close-knit sociable team environment
Junior PHP Developer
Why you'd like it:
- Autonomy with great support from best in-the-industry experts
- Generous salary package
- 2014 Start-up in high growth mode
- Relaxed, trendy Parnell location
- Build new functionality and work on diverse greenfield projects
- Career traced position
The Organisation and Opportunity
This home-grown business is revolutionising the way in which consumers/traders in this industry interact, share ideas, and transact with one another. As such, the road map for this business will see them launch into the Australian market in late 2018/19 with a web platform and service offering that has gained a great reputation, industry network and profitable momentum here in New Zealand.
The main business platform serves as a membership / transactional web service but there is so much more to explore with this slick and comprehensive offering, with some wonderful and prominent client case studies. So, this is a critical time for our client as they look to launch a number of new web features and functionality, and also re-skin some of their existing ones. This year alone has seen the tech side of the business advance into the cloud, and consequently experience a surge in site reliability, traffic and even membership uptake. They are making best preparations for ground-breaking future commercial projects in front/back-end development, machine learning, and more.
As a result of some hefty market wins, generous funding and lofty 2018/19 projections the team needs to grow, and this is where you come in....
You'll deliver full-stack, (predominantly back-end) development on the SilverStripe/PHP frameworks. The wider team use React and AngularJS, and MySQL, which you too will develop into. The leadership team are hands-on and want your input, so you'll be guided and encouraged to step-up and deliver clean-cut PHP code and voice your design opinions. In return, you can expect an experienced, supportive and encouraging team, who want to see you grow your career and lead projects for the business.
What we need to see in your background:
- Minimum 2.5+ years' proven full-stack hands-on PHP experience
- Experience building responsive mobile-first and responsive web applications.
- An unfaltering and demonstrable dedication to clean, high quality code, and processes
- You will love being technically hands-on, whilst learning from and collaborating with the team
- You are engaging, sociable and are willing to contribute with your valuable coding opinions.
- An excellent command of documentation as well as verbal communication and presentation skills
Please note: This is a developmental role and NOT a Senior developer position. We cannot consider seniors for this position.
Only candidates here in NZ and with existing NZ working rights will be considered for this role. So if this career-defining and exciting opportunity sounds like your jam, then please apply without delay.
Job reference: JO-1807-48135