Java Engineer - IntermediateGreat Salary + work environment
Leading innovation - Java, Linux, AWS stack
Why you'd like it:
- Role ownership with great support from engaged leadership
- Complex and incredibly innovative work environment
- Convenient CBD location
- Career development track
- Close-knit team environment
- Innovate - CI/CD,AWS, Java
While you may not recognise their name you will probably be using the services of this innovative and revolutionary business every day! 75% of the country's payment transactions run through their platform every day. This well-established (since 1989), stable organisation has a sound reputation for looking after their people - ensuring they are technically challenged, well compensated and also providing a clear career path. This could perhaps explain why they have an incredibly low attrition.
As the business has transitioned from being one of Tech Solutions to Software Product, there is now a huge commitment at board level to drive the rapid delivery and constant enhancement of their foremost products, with current operational processes sitting on AWS service. Combine this commitment with strong financial backing, a client list that is a who's who of NZ organisations and a team who are passionate about what they do and the possibilities are endless. They are undergoing a whole new 'world-first' era with several product innovations that will further their prominence on the initial stage, with an Agile 'start-up' approach, to help them achieve their goals.
They are currently looking for a highly advanced and hungry, Java Engineer to develop their core product offering, within a cross-functional, Agile Scrum, digital team environment.
You need to be somebody who is a true technologist - you can apply architectural input of application designs from both a development and configuration perspective, and; you're always looking to identify new opportunities for products and services, especially within the payments space.
You need to be someone who is happy to work autonomously, be happy putting your ideas forward and be prepared to discuss and debate them.
To be considered you will have:
- A degree in software engineering, or related courses
- 4+ years of web-based application experience with Java and Linux
- Strong knowledge of Cloud based platforms such as AWS
- Proven experience working with Web API tools e.g Apigee
- Agile Scrum delivery with CI/CD exposure
- Financial payments/banking systems experience and a genuine interest is highly advantageous
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team, interpersonal and communication skills
This team has the pick of the projects that are exciting; at the forefront of digital and real-world technology; fast-paced, and they directly impact the direction and results of the business. The opportunities to develop into different areas of the business are all possible. If you're looking to further your career in Java product development then don't hesitate to apply today.
Job reference: JO-1708-46941