IT Operations Manager - Marketplace Cloud platformKey role driving the unification of business and technology
Shape the optimal production environment
One of the most sophisticated implementations of cloud delivered services in New Zealand
Rare opportunity to embrace the Salesforce ecosystem delivered across AWS, which in turn is integrated into a scalable platform marketplace Summary:
Key role driving the unification of business and technology in an internal and customer facing production environment. You'll own the change/release and project operation in this rapidly growing market disruptor. One of the most sophisticated implementations of cloud delivered services in New Zealand.
Why you would like it:
Leverage your cloud infrastructure operational management background in an opportunity to shape the optimal production environment. This modern innovator is maturing and scaling up to fit the demands of an ever-increasing customer base. Split your time between forward-thinking capital projects and driving value out of existing vendor and internal relationships. A rare opportunity to embrace the Salesforce ecosystem delivered across AWS, which in turn is integrated into a scalable platform marketplace catering to tens of thousands of customers. Phew!
Having grown out of its hand-to-mouth start-up phase this business is maturing and growing quickly. A homegrown platform vendor that has taken advantage of the recent trends in a share-based economy to build a loyal and engaged audience that use its toolset on a daily basis. This company is dedicated to shifting the focus away from traditional institutions and back to the people they serve. As you can imagine, the technology demands to keep this business running are myriad and complex in nature, so someone who understands this modern world of technology and how to operate it well is essential.
To illustrate what they are in search of is an experienced Tech Ops Manager to scale up and optimise the IT Operations and infrastructure powering this business. The role will split between a drive for major projects (the transition from vendor-management of the cloud production environment to in-housing the Cloud Engineering capability and operations) to optimising the operations associated with maintaining uptime in a 24/7 online marketplace environment. Assume responsibility for the back office infrastructure used by the call centre and business and manage a small IT team including desktop support, procurement specialist and infrastructure engineer.
Technical skills and your fit:
- AWS Cloud operations, change and release management experience
- Skills in management large vendor/supplier relationships
- Background in modern IT Management and Operations in a high-growth environment
- Production support - triaging, prioritising and driving resolution of platform issues
- Switched-on internal team management
- Influence the OPEX and CAPEX budgets for operations, projects and procurement
- Drive optimal management of the SalesForce and AWS production environments and operations
- Oversee infrastructure and hardware procurement (mobiles, laptops, printers etc) and desktop support for the 40 user call centre and business user environment
- Conduct data migrations and produce and troubleshoot business reporting
- Manage support for end-users/customers
- Manage Salesforce Administration/Configuration and Reporting
Job reference: JO-1704-46685