- Cutting edge platform design and roadmap for the future
- Highly-scalable, robust software engineering projects
- Growing organization with a bright future The opportunity:
Delivering a world-class IoT requires an equal balance of highly engineered, bespoke hardware and robust, highly scalable software platform. The large-scale integration with a multitude of devices requires careful consideration for architecture and scalability. The vision-based IoT devices that this platform will be integrating with are used globally and growing every day. The world is awash with video, not only are will you invent new ways to capture it, you are taking on challenging problems of how to understand it, search it, and experience it in new and amazing ways.
Incredibly progressive business originally based in Christchurch using a vast number of recently released components across video, sensors, complex hardware and firmware tools. Building for household name clients both technical and non, involved across X-sports to consumer electronics. Here you will build bespoke and core product sets for highly visible projects. Acclaimed for quality and expertise on a global scale leading to clients queuing up to work alongside them.
You will be working to deliver bespoke platforms that provide a portal to the terabytes of data being collected. A massive emphasis on writing clean, scalable code that can handle real-time playback of 4k video will be your goal. You'll collaborate with the wider organisation to understand the challenges facing them and deliver software-driven solutions.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Creating new applications in Node or AngularJS
- Designing mobile-friendly web services
- Exploring with new frameworks to push hardware further
- Re-architecting existing services to scale as adoption accelerates
- Working with UX designers to improve user experience
- Getting to collaborate with a fantastic team of passionate people
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Be a strong handle on designing and implementing REST web services
- Be handy Express.JS, Rails, Django
- Understand and have experience with SQL databases and modelling (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Understand and have experience with NoSQL databases and modelling (MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- A desire to work with the latest platforms and methodologies such as containerisation, public cloud, serverless, delivery pipelining, do it all from code, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top-class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can
Job reference: JO-1711-47132