Fortigate Network Engineer [15 mnth FTE]Ground-breaking innovation projects
Highly respected, leader in network and tech-education
New offices in convenient central Auckland location
Crown-owned, career breadth
15 month FTE
Fortigate Network Engineer (15 month FTE)
Why you'd like it
- Ground-breaking innovation projects
- Highly respected, leader in network and tech-education
- Modern central Auckland location
- Crown-owned, career breadth
- Fortigate, Networking tech
- Great career prospects
With a strong prominence throughout this fair land and numerous truly unique and ground-breaking projects already underway, we are proudly supporting an organisation that leads the way in New Zealand Education's high-speed network capability and is a benchmark for all other aspiring network businesses. So where do you come in? This is a new team, and you'll join the team as 1 of 6 engineers. You'll have the chance to work with schools throughout the country to deliver high-speed network solutions. Current and upcoming schedules of work sit within the areas of telecommunication, and 'smart' solutions. This is an initial 15-month engagement.
Providing reliable, safe and continuous network access to educators and students throughout the country is the mission and remit of this organisation. This reputable organisation is made up of individuals passionate about the network solutions they create, and skilled enough to lead the way for New Zealand. With a broad service offering including network access and support, managed devices, and cybersecurity, this brand has the highest standards of delivery for their strong client base.
You'll work with a national team of around 10 engineers, to (deliver L2/L3 engineering) design, upgrade and configure routing and switching architecture, ensuring network security, and network monitoring and infrastructure are all in place. You'll also work closely with the telco service providers to ensure that everyone is delivering the same product and service standard to users. This is a project-driven environment, so you will see yourself supporting the solution architects for network projects, interfacing with users and serving as a technical resource for the team.
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- 3+ years of IP networking experience with WLAN, LAN, WAN, Firewalls and VoIP
- You have managed network engineering projects (and people, if you're looking for a more senior role)
- You are an advanced Fortigate engineer, with Cisco and similar technologies being highly advantageous
- With expert knowledge in configuring routers and CCNA cert (Routing and Switching 2013)
- Virtualisation certificates: MCIPT
- Ideally a background in Windows/Google/Linux systems
- Not to be underestimated; a good sense of humour with self-motivation and open, clear communication skills
- A clean drivers licence
The organisation offers a clear development strategy, a wide variety of new projects over the coming few years, an excellent remuneration package and the opportunity to define your career path within an organisation that is shaping the technology and education space for years to come. It's up to you to build your brand and create a legacy in the organisation and market.
If this sounds like you, and you are on the lookout for your next career-building opportunity, then apply without delay
Job reference: JO-1805-47656