Embedded Software Engineer - C/C++Why you would like it:
- Engineering focused agile development
- Work in the IoT space from the bare metal up
- Greenfield projects The opportunity:
Execute excellent software design and development in an Agile environment. With the IoT space front and center, this is the time to get in with an organisation that sees this as a key piece of its future. Being able to work from the bare metal up through the software layer and finally utilize cloud services is a rare opportunity. To be forward thinking, it requires an environment that encourages a focus on continuous improvement and fundamental engineering principles. You will be surrounded by a team of like-minded engineers that will let the world know that you an expert in your field. If you love embedded systems, a strong engineering approach to development and want to continuously improve, this is what you have been looking for.
Named as a high-growth business consistently over the last ten years this rugged product development business has evolved and achieved award-winning recognition from its industry and client-base. Using homegrown ingenuity and engineering ideas, here comes the game-changer, the revolutionary product combining multiple platform technology and rich GUI capability to future-proof their suite. Think SaaS/cloud infrastructure allowing enterprise-wide and multi-party connectivity to add further sophistication to the commerce of the rugged industry of aggregates and mining. These electronics and software solutions cater to the industries globally with productivity high-tech devices and integrated software utilizing the latest ARM 32-bit chipsets and brand new componentry.
The fit (of the ideal candidate):
- 5+ years experience developing through the full application lifecycle in C/C++ in embedded systems
- Fluent in both written and oral English is essential
- Have experience in working in a unit and automated testing environment
- Fundamental understanding of microprocessor and microcontroller architecture
- Experience with Visual Studio, Code Warrior, HiCross or Tasking amongst others
- Strong understanding of compilers and linkers
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can
Job reference: JO-1809-48355