DevOps Production EngineerWhy you would like it:
- Diverse turn-key IoT solutions with ongoing cloud-scalability challenges
- Cutting edge platform design and roadmap for the future
- Pinball and arcade machines on-site
- Engineering culture - play with drones, modern electronics and mobile devices
Organisations worldwide are lining up to take advantage of the feats of engineering this homegrown powerhouse is delivering. What this means for you is a diverse range of projects with their own unique puzzles to solve. Creating a robust Cloud infrastructure platform to support 100,000s of device worldwide requires a detail oriented, engineering approach with a background in systems engineering.Implementing custom built software on top of an ever-changing set of hardware requires a strong mind to understand the problem space and write elegant code that meets requirements in as few lines as possible. The existing team is looking for a like-minded engineer who can tackles challenging problems then play a game of foosball afterwards in the breakout room.
Incredibly progressive business originally based in Christchurch using a vast number of recently released components across video, sensors, complex hardware and firmware tools. Building for household name clients both technical and non, involved across X-sports to consumer electronics. Here you will build the production systems backbone to host and capture data from bespoke and core product sets for highly visible projects. Acclaimed for quality and expertise on a global scale leading to clients queuing up to work alongside them.
Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand each unique situation and deliver a robust cloud platform. You will be encouraged to explore new technology in order to optimise the hosting and production environment as it supports an ever-increasing number of devices. Scalability is key here, dealing with live stream video data capture and deployment across 100 000's of users is no small feat, knowing where to look to ensure any overhead is reduced will be key here. Build, optimise, configure and explore the construction of a growing area of this business and the lynchpin for the future scale of their services.
Is this you?
- 4+ years of experience in production operations systems engineering
- Worked with AWS and/or Azure in a commercial environment
- Have a background in setting up and monitoring networks requiring large degrees of scale
- Work with hopefully both Linux and Microsoft environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can
Job reference: JO-1705-46756