DevOps Practice Lead - ProductWhy you would like it:
- Build a world-class DevOps practice
- CBD location
- Scaling to support 500 million users The opportunity:
You will be joining at a time of significant growth, where the business is looking to 5x(from 100 million to 500 million users) their current customer base and you will be leading the core platform team as they scale to do this. What that means is that you are joining at a time where they are re-evaluating their approach to development and ensuring they have the best possible process to deliver scalable solutions that will meet the high standard they have set themselves. You will be a servant leader, understanding what is going to create the best possible platform, allowing for streamlined development and an unbeatable customer experience. You will be able to bring in your knowledge and work collaboratively to tackle scale that is unmatched here in New Zealand.
A leading customer engagement platform with 100 million users worldwide developed from here in New Zealand. With a strong presence in Asia and Europe, they are now making inroads into America where they expect to see massive growth. They are currently ramping up their development capabilities to ensure their systems can meet this demand. Now is a critical time as they build scale into everything they do and open themselves up to the ever-changing landscape of technology.
You will be a servant leader, understanding how to get your team working at their best and providing technical guidance from the front. Leading the DevOps practice you will be tackling real engineering problems with some of the sharpest minds in Auckland. You will be using the latest cloud tools to ensure you are creating streamlined solutions in the true Agile fashion. The company is king of customer engagement and you will have feedback direct from the frontlines to understand what is working well and what can be improved. You will be exposed to big data technologies as well as understand how to apply AI to provide smart insights.
The fit (of the ideal candidate):
- You have 8+ years of commercial experience in a DevOps environment
- You have been a Senior DevOps Engineer ready to step up or a Practice Lead looking for a new challenge
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and services such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience building and leading the DevOps practice
- A deep understanding of SOA as it relates to customer-facing applications in the cloud.
- Experience in orchestration platforms.
- Experience in configuration management (e.g. chef).
- Experience with third-party monitoring and logging services (e.g. Cloudwatch, New Relic).
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Proven development and scripting background (e.g. PowerShell, bash, python).
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Understanding of networking and network security.
- You are a servant leader and can get the best out of your team
- You are at your best in an Agile environment and are open to change
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can
Job reference: JO-1810-48608