Data Scientist - Move to Australia!Why you'd like it:
Apply your consulting analytical skills to real world, enterprise level issues
Mine, manipulate and manage multiple data sets to increase customer interaction
Relocate to Australia - ALL RELOCATION COSTS COVERED The Opportunity:
Whilst the market has been doing multiple u-turns in this space, there is clearly a need for consultancies like this to continue delivering effective business strategy through tangible and evidence based data solutions. As a result of new work and new clients joining this organisation's journey, there is a need for a smart and hungry Data Scientists from analyst through to lead to come on board and assist with the delivery of this vision. With a defined career path, exceptional training opportunities and a vibrant team, this organisation is seeking only the best. This organisation is seeking the best talent from New Zealand and looking to relocate them to their Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane Offices. This is a unique chance to move over to a mature market close to home with all costs covered!
A global organisation with a distinctly local and personalised feel, this organisation has been delivering analytics and data solutions to enterprise level clients for over 20 years. Having adapted to the ever changing landscape that is data science, this organisation has recently become known for it's uniqueness of its offering (has a number of data partnerships that rival most global players), providing different insight to enhance marketing strategy and customer understanding within businesses.
- First and foremost you will be driving the delivery of business insight through advanced and statistical analysis of data as well as through research delivery. This can range from a quick model build, through to developing a data driven product that goes out to market
- You will be actively working with focus groups to develop your qualitative research techniques (through delivery and design); with the world going through the big data boom it is still important to add true meaning to raw data through these techniques
- Presenting findings to end users will be a bread and butter part of the role and your commercially focused delivery of insight will be influential in the success of each project
- By bringing together multiple data sources, you will coherently mesh together and manipulate each set to identify the implications of market events such as competitor activity and competitive intensity, price changes, new products or services, regulatory impact, etc.
- You will have the chance to work across multiple industry sectors including, Retail, FMCG, Financial Services and Utilities
- As a statistics/actuarial/engineering or operations research postgraduate (Masters ideally, but not discounting exceptional bachelor's grads), you will bring your wealth of knowledge around regressions, factor and cluster analysis, correspondence analysis and have competency in some more specialised techniques - e.g. conjoint analysis for both normal and non-normal distributions
- You will be comfortable using tools like R, Python, SAS, SPSS, VBA, Excel and have a decent exposure to open source big data platforms (Hadoop ideally)
- The ability to work autonomously will be key in this role as you will be learning the skills to become a truly influential consultant in the market - something that requires self discipline and determination
- Exceptional communications skills are key as you will be working with a highly energetic and dynamic team - as well presenting to clients on a semi regular basis.
- A passion for research and marketing to deliver real world solutions to clients through data is definitely a given!
Job reference: JO-1801-47275