Data Scientist - Customer Insights- Work in a compelling, long term project environment
- Progression path with senior leadership to learn from
- Competitive remuneration package
- Convenient city fringe location Data Scientist - Customer Insights
Having built long term, lasting relationships with some impressive household names across the supermarket, insurance, banking and finance sectors, a long pipeline of work means it's time to bolster the team numbers in senior capability. You'll take ownership of new and existing projects being a key player in the evolution of the long term delivery roadmap for clients.
You may not have heard of this organisation before (they tend to operate a little under the radar) but you will almost certainly be a day to day consumer of their products and services. This is an organisation that is at the forefront of data driven marketing technology, an industry leader and the largest in its field within New Zealand.
You will be responsible for unlocking pockets of potential in clients' data by utilising your broad background and technical capabilities to generate insight and models from a range of data sets. In this role you will be involved in the full process from planning, discovery, analysis, and finally presenting proof of concepts and actionable insights. The outcome of your work in many cases will result in further projects for the company. You won't be alone, but surrounded by a wider team who 'gets' data and is looking to support you to develop great solutions & insights from data. As a senior you'll also help guide and mentor juniors, creating a culture of curiosity and fostering innovation within the team.
To be successful in the role you will need:
* Experience applying mathematical/statistical models to ideally to improve understanding of customers and customer behaviour
* Ability to generate ideas with a technical, strategic and business focus
* Experience and a strong capability across ideally two or more of: SQL, R, Python, SAS
* Strong communication skills and team player
* A proven background generating insights across a full data lifecycle e.g. extraction, manipulation, visualisation and presentation
* Experience putting models into production will be beneficial
* Familiarity with very large data sets
* Beneficial to have experience designing reports for visualisation tools such as Tableau or Power BI
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can
Job reference: JO-1810-48643