Cloud and Infrastructure ManagerSenior Technical and Strategic leadership role
People and project management
Complex and incredibly innovative work environment
Largest AWS Platform in NZ, with great track record
Great salary package
Cloud and Infrastructure Manager | AWS
Why You'd like it:
- Senior Technical and Strategic leadership role
- People and project management
- Complex and incredibly innovative work environment
- Largest AWS Platform in NZ, with great track record
- Great salary package
This role carries serious weight. You will be the Manager of a Cloud team of nine members, delivering to AWS innovation projects in accord with this kiwi icon's strategic goals. Furthermore, you will champion the entire ICT infrastructure and roadmap across this national enterprise. In AWS, you will be a leader not a learner, making critical decisions affecting various business units, and directing large-scale project processes and management. Cloud infrastructure is at mid-maturity on their current roadmap, and being one of the largest of its kind in New Zealand, there are heaps of projects on the horizon. So, you will play a pivotal role in the ongoing company-wide education, adoption, and delivery of their robust platform as the team fine tune it to deliver on the various challenges that lie ahead.
Our client is the leader in New Zealand within their sector and you will probably be using their services every day! They are a well-established, leading-edge enterprise organisation. They have a reputation for looking after their people by ensuring they are technically challenged, well compensated for their efforts and provided with a clear career path. Right now, with a recent re-brand and pioneering endeavours into various exciting technology operations, this business has a cloud centre of excellence for one of the largest AWS platforms in the country. They are challenging themselves to not just settle for good, but to be awesome, and that goes for character types as well as technical prowess.
- Around 5 years large-scale technical leadership and people management - across cloud, networking, and server engineering
- 6-10 years of additional system engineering/consulting/architecture experience
- Minimum AWS Associate Architect Certification
- Hands-on experience in DevOps engineering
- You have devised and delivered strategy, road maps, operational management and service delivery at enterprise level.
- Software exposure, ideally with Java, Python, NodeJS
- A strong working understanding of security principles and SPLUNK
- You're an innovator, public speaker, motivator and educator, and you must be able to have a laugh along the way
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can.
Job reference: JO-1801-47313