Business Intelligence/Insights AnalystWork in a compelling, long term project environment
Progression path with senior leadership to learn from
Competitive remuneration package
Convenient city fringe location Business Intelligence/Insights Analyst
Why you'd like it:
- Work in a compelling, long term project environment
- Progression path with senior leadership to learn from
- Competitive remuneration package
- Convenient city fringe location
Having built long term, lasting relationships with some impressive household names across the supermarket, insurance, banking and finance sectors, a long pipeline of work means it's time to bolster the team numbers. You'll play a vital part in both new and existing projects and get to be a part of the evolution of long term delivery roadmaps for clients. Your day to day work will bolster your skills around the model building and longer term see you progress towards heavier data science work.
You may not have heard of this organisation before (they tend to operate a little under the radar) but you will almost certainly be a day to day consumer of their products and services. This is an organisation that is at the forefront of data driven marketing technology, an industry leader and the largest in its field within New Zealand.
You will be responsible for helping unlock pockets of potential in clients' data by utilising your background and technical capabilities to generate insight from a range of data sets. In this role you will be involved in the analysis, modelling, reporting and delivery of actionable insights from a dataset measuring in the billions of rows. The outcome of your work in many cases will result in further projects for the company. You won't be alone, but surrounded by a wider team who 'gets' data and is looking to support you to develop great solutions & insights from data. You'll also benefit from the help, guidance and mentoring from senior staff within a culture of curiosity and innovation.
To be successful in the role you will need:
* Incredibly strong skills and demonstrable background in SQL
* Strong experience with one or more modelling languages, e.g. R, Python, SAS
* Experience with SSIS, writing stored procedures and designing databases from scratch
* Good experience with a BI reporting/visualisation tool, e.g. Tableau, Power BI, or Qlikview
* Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
* Analysis experience with retail data highly advantageous
* Strong communication skills and team player
* A proven background generating insights across a full data lifecycle e.g. extraction, manipulation, visualisation and presentation
* Experience applying mathematical/statistical models highly advantageous
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can
Job reference: JO-1901-49684