Automation Tester | Junior to Intermediate- Start-up environment with solid investment foundation
- 6 or 12 month fixed-term role
- Attractive salary and central location
Our client is a joint venture between two of the largest organizations of the country; they were born with the sole purpose of providing value to their clients by bringing industry and user data together in one place. Their main product is a web based application.
We're looking for a junior or midweight test engineer who is comfortable working in a start-up environment as part of a small cross functional team and is committed to building great digital products. You will be responsible for owning and extending our coverage of automated testing as well as delivering manual testing to support each release.
You'll be fond of Agile and peer to peer reviews, and you'll strive in a team playing environment.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Implementing the test approach - including developing and maintaining test automation frameworks, solutions and automated test scripts
- Ensure that quality processes are in place and appropriate to size and requirements of our business
- Working with our dev team to agree and implement the appropriate modern testing tools to deliver automated and manual testing
- Working with the Scrum team (and product owner) to agree and document acceptance criteria for user stories planned for each sprint
- Supporting and liaising with the UAT test teams from our data integration partners
What you need to be successful:
- A passion for building high quality digital products in a start-up environment
- 2 years or more of software application testing experience, including the hands on delivery of test automation for digital products or services using Selenium, Behat and Postman.
- Ability to work independently (no additional test analysts)
- API automation testing experience/expertise
- Performance and Security testing experience/expertise
- Generating test data
- Solid foundation in Agile Software development practice
- Strong research, root cause analysis and defect reporting skills
- Significant and relevant experience working in the New Zealand market is mandatory.
- Comfortable (experience isn't mandatory) with their technical stack: PHP/Laravel, VueJS, MySQL and MongoDB, AWS, Git/Github
If you feel like this is your cup of tea, please do not hesitate to click on APPLY NOW. Be aware that you must possess the right to live and work in New Zeland to be considered for this role.
Job reference: JO-1803-47436