Android Developer- One of New Zealand's busiest web platforms
- Be part of a new era and new way of thinking
- Help shape the roadmap and implementation of the exciting next steps for Android on behalf of a growing user base
- Operate in a dynamic and unique office culture
The internet, New Zealand, and the world are all changing rapidly, and our client has some big things to work on this year. With one of New Zealand's busiest web platforms, around two million active members and 850,000 people visiting the site every day, it's a new era for them and with that comes a new way of thinking.
This Android app is one of New Zealand's most used apps and this is your chance to make a big difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of Kiwis.
Being a champion for mobile development and release activities, you will keep a focus on ensuring mobile product development is delivered with quality, speed and care. You'll play an integral part in shaping the roadmap and implementation of the exciting next steps for Android on behalf of our clients growing user base.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a smart and adaptable Android developer who will thrive in our clients team. They care less about the specific technologies that you already know, it's your aptitude, passion, and potential that they love and want to see shine through.
In the role you'll be:
- Working closely with other mobile developers, designers and testers within an awesome Agile environment. You'll be responsible for helping make the mobile experience great.
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle, from design workshops to user testing multiple implementation approaches.
- Building native applications targeting Android devices (phone and tablet).
- Performing code reviews on a daily basis.
- In conjunction with Mobile Product and Chapter Lead, actively promoting your platform, mobile, it's technologies, trends, and opportunities.
- Providing platform specific feedback to the contents of the Mobile roadmaps.
- Share your insights on how we can improve, and suggesting ideas and new technologies. Don't be afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive in head first.
- Helping to continuously improve processes.
- Share your knowledge with other developers as the team grows.
- Keeping up to date with the Android ecosystem and Google's plans for its development.
- You'll have at least 5 to 6 years of experience in similar roles (with a focus on mobile technologies) with progressive increases in responsibility.
- Experienced with Agile software development methodologies preferred, but not required.
- You're familiar with common software design patterns and have experience with Java and XML.
- Experienced with or exposure to Kotlin is a plus.
- Great with detail.
- Quality focused - you aim for clean code, and strive for buttery animations and transitions.
- You think in kilobytes.
- Show a good understanding of the Android SDK.
- Comfortable with consuming JSON.
- Have exposure to using Git or similar distributed source code management systems.
- You're a team player who's not afraid to pitch in and help others.
- You'll get to work in an exciting Wellington office which is growing.
- A focus on mentoring. Practices are taken seriously and you will be encouraged to be part of a guild where you will grow and learn.
- A comprehensive list of training programmes to support your personal development.
- Free fruit and and great coffee.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They are also proud to have been recognised as a finalist in IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Award for the last seven years running.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply without delay.
Job reference: JO-1711-47150